Additional Medicare 101 classes are held the 3rd Monday of each month at 9AM and the 4th Thursday of each month at 5:30PM
Currently there are no Medicare 101 webinars scheduled. Please check back for new events soon.
Retiring adults experience a continual need for correct, accurate information as they transition from employment into active retirement. Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older and those who are eligible for Social Security based on a disability.
The different parts of Medicare help cover specific services:
- Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, rehabilitation in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
- Part B covers doctors’ services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
- Part D adds prescription drug coverage to Medicare.
The Area Agency on Aging and Senior Insurance Assistance department, the State Health Insurance Program (SHIP), has been at the forefront of this emerging boom to provide up to date, current insurance information. These SHIP counselors are trained experts who do not sell or endorse any insurance products. Medicare 101 is designed to answer questions and provide information to help older adults make the most informed choices.
Social Security 101
Upcoming Webinar Classes
People approaching retirement age, adult children and others have many questions regarding social security. This class covers many of the common retirement topics including:
* Eligibility for retirement
* How age affects retirement benefit
* How work affects retirement benefit
* How non-covered pensions (PERA) can potentially affect your Retirement and Survivor benefits.