If you or someone you know is responsible for the care of a loved one, you have a friend at the Family Caregiver Support Center. We can give you the tools you need to manage your caregiving responsibilities while also caring for yourself.
The Family Caregiver Support Center provides families with professional guidance in preparing an individualized caregiving plan and helping you access the supportive services you need. There is no charge for any service provided directly by the center;
however, donations are accepted. No eligible person shall be denied a service because of their inability and/or choice not to contribute. We offer help to any adult over 18 who is caring for a person over 60, or any adult over 60 who is a primary caregiver.
Services offered through the Family Caregiver Support Center include:
- Individual or group planning consultations with family caregivers.
- A Caregiver Respite Voucher program, offering limited care in the home or at a day-care center for the purpose of providing the caregiver a break from caregiving.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers, a six-week course teaching caregivers how to thrive in their caregiver roles;
- Caring Conversations, a support group for caregivers to assist in coping with the challenges of family caregiving;
- The Stress Busting Program for Family Caregivers course provides specific tools and strategies to help family caregivers effectively cope with the stresses related to caring for a family member.
- Individual classes on a variety of care-giving topics offered through PILLAR and the Colorado Springs Senior Center.
- Caregiver Pampering Day: an opportunity to refresh and renew family caregivers, held each year on the last Saturday in February.
Call us at 719-886-7526.
The Network of Care for Seniors and People with Disabilities is a valuable online resource for community resources and news.