Replacing two vehicle trips each week by walking, riding a bike, or taking public transportation can keep 14 pounds of ozone-causing emissions out of our air. A few ideas to help skip the trip:
- Pack a lunch or walk to a nearby restaurant.
- Walk, jog, or ride a bike to the gym.
- Use public transit to get to a game, concert, or other event.
- Combine your car trips by designating one day a week for errands.
- waytogo.com provides you with a variety of alternative transportation resources, including vanpools and metro transit options.
- Zipcar.com is a community posting site that allows members to post their route and offer a ride for just $7 a month.
- Click here to view a map of the available Park-n-Rides throughout the region.
Colorado offers some fantastic resources that help you get around – with or without a vehicle. Better yet, you can save an average of $1,500 a year from reducing gas costs.