May 22, 2023
Social Security is available during travel, whether someone is in the United States or in another country. Its online services page at www.ssa.gov/onlineservices provides individuals with a wide variety of self-service options that can be used on a mobile phone, tablet, or computer.
Through our online services, people can:
- Find out if they qualify for benefits.
- Apply for Social Security retirement, disability and Medicare benefits.Get their Social Security Statement.Request a replacement Social Security card.
- Appeal a decision.
Individuals who receive Social Security benefits or Medicare can create or log in to their personal my Social Security account to:
- Get benefit verification letter.
- Check information and benefit amount.Change address and telephone number.Start or change direct deposit.Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
- Report wages if you work and receive disability benefits or SSI.
Create a personal my Social Security Account today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount to take advantage of these easy-to-use features.