The Air Quality Technical Committee (AQTC) has been in place for many years, serving two purposes: To advise the Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments and PPACG staff on current and emerging issues, goals, plans, and programs affecting the air quality of the Pikes Peak Region; and to aid and advise in the review of the development of regional air quality plan updates.
AQTC plans to continue working diligently this year to ensure that the Pikes Peak Region remains in compliance with the Clean Air Act by remaining below the ozone standard. The practical goals of the committee include researching the potential impacts of a non-attainment designation, as well as working with stakeholders to inform and implement proactive measures. To successfully accomplish this goal, PPACG is looking to fill two at-large positions. We are seeking representation from the business community and from the environmental interest community.
The AQTC nominates at-large members, and member governments and community organizations nominate their respective representatives. The Board of Directors approves all nominations.
AQTC members are expected to:
- Identify problems and needs that relate to regional air quality, including compliance regulations that impact the business sector.
- Assist in the development and implementation of regional air pollution reduction strategies.
- Generate new ideas and alternatives for PPACG action to reduce air quality pollution throughout the region.
- Share information about PPACG programs with respective communities and organizations.
- Advise PPACG on appropriate public involvement strategies and activities.
- Advocate a regional perspective for problem-solving.
- Ensure a broad-based, inclusive committee environment
For more information regarding the Air Quality Technical Committee, including meeting times and dates please contact Samantha Bailey: email@example.com
To apply, please submit a letter of interest with explanation of which community you would like to represent (Business or Environmental Interest), short bio and resume to Jessica McMullen: JMcMullen@ppacg.org by 5 PM on July 15, 2020.